Aged over 40?? We would like to invite you for an NHS health check!
Please call reception to book an appointment with one of our healthcare assistants at your convenience.
There is an ongoing outbreak of Ebola virus affecting Countries in West Africa. Tis is the largest ever known outbreak of this disease prompting the World Health Organisation (WHO) to declare a Public Health Emergency of International Concern in August 2014. Countries currently affected by the disease are Guinea, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Nigeria (Port Harcourt and Lagos) and Senegal (Dakar).
It remains unlikely, but not impossible, that travellers infected in Guinea, Liberia, SIerra Leone or Nigeria could arrive in the UK while incubating the disease and develop symptoms after their return. Ebola can only be transmitted from one person to another through direct contact with blood or bodily fluids of an infected person. The incubation period of Ebola virus ranges from two to 21 days. The risk in the UK remains very low.
If you have visited an infected area within the last 21 days AND have a fever / are unwell, please DO NOT attend the surgery. You can contact us by telephone or telephone NHS 111 for advice.
Online Health Services
Appointments, Prescriptions & Access to your Clinical Record .......
Patients over the age of 16 can now register for online services via Patient Access.
We will be offering online services as follows:
Online access to medical records. By accessing your medical record, you will be able to view your medications, immunisations, allergies and adverse reactions.
Online prescriptions via Patient Access during November 2014 (this will replace the current method of online ordering of prescriptions via our website)
You can register for Patient Access by :
- Please visit https://patient.emisaccess.co.uk and will be able to register, and book your first appointment straight away. Once you attend your first appointment, our reception team will activate your account fully.
- Alternatively you can call into the surgery to register for online services - we will provide you with a registration letter to enable you to access your full account on the Patient Access Website
You can also download an app to manage your online services via your android or IOS device by visiting http://www.patient.co.uk/patient-access.
Spencer Street Surgery
The doctors and staff at Spencer Street Surgery in Carlisle are proud to offer the highest standard of patient-centred healthcare.We run many clinics for the management of chronic diseases such as asthma and diabetes and offer a wide variety of other medical services including minor surgery, contraception and sexual health clinics, childhood vaccinations and well-person check-ups.
In addition to everything you need to know about the practice you will also find a wealth of health-related information in the menu on the right hand side.
Please check out our "policies" section, click on the link at the top right hand side, here you will find out information about how to leave comments/complaints and interesting facts about the policies and facilities of the practice.
If there is anything you would like to see on our website - please do let us know!
ABOUT OUR SERVICES...
Did you know:
- You can book appointments up to eight weeks in advance with a GP, and up to six months in advance with a nurse!
- We offer late evening surgeries until 8pm on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays!
- We offer telephone consultations every day
- We offer a minor injuries service - if you can't decide whether to attend A&E or your GP Surgery - contact us first!!
Download the guide to our services today!
A Guide To Our Services
(Site updated 19/01/2015)