Patient Access: Online Services
Appointments, Prescriptions & Access to your Clinical Record
If you currently order your prescriptions on our website - we will shortly be changing the way you order your prescriptions - patients will need to register for Patient Access - which will still be available via our website using the prescriptions icon above. We will be contacting all patients directly to inform them of this change. This is an enhanced service, directly linked with our clinical system which we hope will reduce the potential for errors in future.
Patients over the age of 16 can now register for online services via Patient Access.
You can register for Patient Access by :
- Please visit https://patient.emisaccess.co.uk and will be able to register, and book your first appointment straight away. Once you attend your first appointment, our reception team will activate your account fully.
- Alternatively you can call into the surgery to register for online services - we will provide you with a registration letter to enable you to access your full account on the Patient Access Website
- For information governance and confidentiality reasons, we have to verify your request for online services, therefore you will be asked for two forms of ID at your next attendance at the surgery, one to include photo ID (driving licence / passport), one to confirm address (recent bank statement/credit card)
You can also download an app to manage your online services via your android or IOS device by visiting http://www.patient.co.uk/patient-access.
Aged Over 40?
We would like to invite you for an NHS health check!
NHS Health Checks can help you to prevent Diabetes, Heart Disease, Stroke, Dementia, Kidney Disease.
Please call reception to book an appointment with one of our healthcare assistants at your convenience.
Your Pharmacy - Your Choice!
Whichever Pharmacy our patients choose to use, is very much their own choice. We do not recommend nor do we discourage the use of any particular pharmacy. We do not work in conjunction with any pharmacy service.
If any of our patients receive cold calls from pharmacy companies stating that we have either recommended them, or are working with them in any way, please rest assured this is not the case.
If you would like to nominate your usual pharmacy - please contact Reception and we can update your records to ensure all of your medications reach your desired pharmacy.
There is an ongoing outbreak of Ebola virus affecting Countries in West Africa. Tis is the largest ever known outbreak of this disease prompting the World Health Organisation (WHO) to declare a Public Health Emergency of International Concern in August 2014. Countries currently affected by the disease are Guinea, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Nigeria (Port Harcourt and Lagos) and Senegal (Dakar).
It remains unlikely, but not impossible, that travellers infected in Guinea, Liberia, SIerra Leone or Nigeria could arrive in the UK while incubating the disease and develop symptoms after their return. Ebola can only be transmitted from one person to another through direct contact with blood or bodily fluids of an infected person. The incubation period of Ebola virus ranges from two to 21 days. The risk in the UK remains very low.
If you have visited an infected area within the last 21 days AND have a fever / are unwell, please DO NOT attend the surgery. You can contact us by telephone or telephone NHS 111 for advice.
Spencer Street Surgery
The doctors and staff at Spencer Street Surgery in Carlisle are proud to offer the highest standard of patient-centred healthcare.We run many clinics for the management of chronic diseases such as asthma and diabetes and offer a wide variety of other medical services including minor surgery, contraception and sexual health clinics, childhood vaccinations and well-person check-ups.
In addition to everything you need to know about the practice you will also find a wealth of health-related information in the menu on the right hand side.
Please check out our "policies" section, click on the link at the top right hand side, here you will find out information about how to leave comments/complaints and interesting facts about the policies and facilities of the practice.
If there is anything you would like to see on our website - please do let us know!
ABOUT OUR SERVICES...
Did you know:
- You can book appointments up to eight weeks in advance with a GP, and up to six months in advance with a nurse!
- We offer late evening surgeries until 8pm on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays!
- We offer telephone consultations every day
- We offer a minor injuries service - if you can't decide whether to attend A&E or your GP Surgery - contact us first!!
Download the guide to our services today!
A Guide To Our Services
(Site updated 30/06/2015)